1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Do I still have to take the NMAT if I study Med in the States?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Laviorein, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Laviorein

Pre-Medical
    I am a junior premed student(bs bio) studying in the Philippines. I am planning to take up Medicine in the States. Do I still have to take the NMAT if I should study there? Or should I just take an "exam" there? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. apricotattack

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I don't know what the NMAT is... but I'm going to guess that if you want to do med school here, you'll need to take the MCAT.

4. acute2

acute2 Abort Retry Ignore
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The NMAT is a mandatory test for those who wish to enroll in any of the medical schools in the Philippines. So, anyone (Filipino or other nationalities) who wishes to study in the Phils., must therefore take the NMAT.

If you plan to study Medicine in the US, then you don't have to take the NMAT.

5. sehnsucht

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The US counterpart of the NMAT is the MCAT so, yes, you do have to take it if you want to study Medicine Stateside.