Do I still have to take TOEFL since I already got a M.S. degree in U.S.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

czhao

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question to ask:

Do I still have to take TOEFL since I already got a M.S. degree in U.S.?

Can anyone help me figure out this question or I have to contact those dental schools each by each?

Thanks a lot.

Jonathan

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Jonathan,
The safest thing to do is email all the schools you are applying to and ask them individually.
If they waive your toefl requirements then make sure you save the email and attach a printout with your application so that there is no dispute later on. Its safer to rely on information straight from the horses mouth, it may involve some work, but its safer in the long run.

Good hint.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to Boston University last year(2003) about thier TOEFL requirements. I too have a Master's from US and and was wondering whether i need to take my Toefl again since my earlier scores expired.
The admission office told me that there is no exceptions and every international student applying for the program needs to take the Toefl exam, even if they a Master's from here or is a permanent resident.

Hi!
I have a Masters degree from US and my toefl scores are not valid anymore (as it has been more than 2 yrs since I had taken the toefl).
I had called Boston University(for the advanced standing program) and was told that they require me to take the Toefl. and when I called BU (for the AEGD program), they said they would not need me to take the Toefl again.
What mrinalini suggested is the best thing to do.

hey itsme

hows it going? tried to PM u but ur inbox is full.

Hi toothmail,
I cleared my inbox and sent u a pm.