DO IM Advice Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ks2005

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to yall, I wanted to get your advice about my DO Internal Medicine prospects, if there is even any for me at this point. I am currently in my fourth yr doing audition rotations after I failed my COMLEX Level II CE twice (I was supposed to graduate c/o 2012), but passed it the third time. My only blemish throughout medical school was this exam, passed everything else, no problem.

I know there are many programs that go unmatch in the DO IM match the other day when I was with some of the other residents when they were talking about how upset they were because there was deceiving results in the match and how their DO only residency program (not dually accredited) was shady because they would purposefully not match a few spots and wait for the MD match to be complete and fill it with more "better/qualified candidates," when they were not even fully dedicated to the program. Is this how most, if not all DO IM programs operate?

Also, I am hearing that some of the DO IM programs I applied to wont even interview me due to my troubles with COMLEX II, yet their program goes unmatched according to the AOA DO 2012 Post-Match Results???? I'm starting to think this is true. To add insult to injury, I am scheduled to do a rotation at one of these programs as well and apparently it is too late to change this rotation as it starts next week. It makes me mad that these programs wouldn't tell me additional info before I booked a rotation with them. I would like a little more than "Requirements: 3 LORs, medical school transcript, COMLEX scores." This is meaningless to me. If I knew this, I wouldn't even waste my time applying/rotating at their program.

At this time, I have completed my entire application and have applied to appx. 40 DO IM program last week and still have not heard anything from even one program. Other fourth years thats I am rotating with are already getting interviews and it makes me feel really bad. I am getting very concerned that I will not match at all this year into any of the 40 DO IM programs that I have applied to. Should I apply to more programs, consider a transitional year, or even think about doing another speciality? Is there anything I can do to get a program that actually did fill all their IM spots after the DO match to give me a chance (interview) despite rumors I hear about them not even interviewing those that fail a step? Thanks in advance for all your help/responses. God bless.

ks2005

Members don't see this ad.

Hello to yall, I wanted to get your advice about my DO Internal Medicine prospects, if there is even any for me at this point. I am currently in my fourth yr doing audition rotations after I failed my COMLEX Level II CE twice (I was supposed to graduate c/o 2012), but passed it the third time. My only blemish throughout medical school was this exam, passed everything else, no problem.

I know there are many programs that go unmatch in the DO IM match the other day when I was with some of the other residents when they were talking about how upset they were because there was deceiving results in the match and how their DO only residency program (not dually accredited) was shady because they would purposefully not match a few spots and wait for the MD match to be complete and fill it with more "better/qualified candidates," when they were not even fully dedicated to the program. Is this how most, if not all DO IM programs operate?

Also, I am hearing that some of the DO IM programs I applied to wont even interview me due to my troubles with COMLEX II, yet their program goes unmatched according to the AOA DO 2012 Post-Match Results???? I'm starting to think this is true. To add insult to injury, I am scheduled to do a rotation at one of these programs as well and apparently it is too late to change this rotation as it starts next week. It makes me mad that these programs wouldn't tell me additional info before I booked a rotation with them. I would like a little more than "Requirements: 3 LORs, medical school transcript, COMLEX scores." This is meaningless to me. If I knew this, I wouldn't even waste my time applying/rotating at their program.

At this time, I have completed my entire application and have applied to appx. 40 DO IM program last week and still have not heard anything from even one program. Other fourth years thats I am rotating with are already getting interviews and it makes me feel really bad. I am getting very concerned that I will not match at all this year into any of the 40 DO IM programs that I have applied to. Should I apply to more programs, consider a transitional year, or even think about doing another speciality? Is there anything I can do to get a program that actually did fill all their IM spots after the DO match to give me a chance (interview) despite rumors I hear about them not even interviewing those that fail a step? Thanks in advance for all your help/responses. God bless.

ks2005
Closing since a similar post was posted in the IM forum, with more replies there.

Status
Not open for further replies.