DO intern: looking for success stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byathread

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
About to start my Traditional Rotating Internship at a very small osteopathic hospital after a disastrous allopathic match and scramble.

I want to do two things:

1.) IM or EM allopathic
2.) Big east coast city (not University)

I'm really in a bad place mentally right now and need to hear some success stories about interns who have managed to escape their little programs for bigger and better.

Please give me hope...

Secrets to your success and advice also welcome, thank you!

Hangin,
Byathread

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same spot too. You're not alone if it makes you feel any better. This year was disasterous for D.O.s..... I expected not to have problems as US graduate but I can't find a good position either.

I got screwed by the NRMP match as well guys. Apparently , this was one of the most competitive years in IM in recent memory. There were a lot of DO's who didnt match into allopathic IM this year. I dont know what to recomend other than doing a tracking osteopathic DO IM program, or doing a traditional rotating internship and reapplying next year, but after this year's experience, there is no guarantee next year either, so be careful. Good luck

The percentage of DO's matching this year was virtually identical to last year.

2006 -- 1024 matched / 485 unmatched (67.9% matched)
2007 -- 1136 matched / 516 unmatched (68.8% matched)

The 2007 data will be released in full on Monday I believe