DO interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sperbeck

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help!

I am interviewing at the DO school at MSU on April 8th. What are the strengths of the school and what are they looking for during the interviewing process :confused:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Visit <a href="http://www.interviewfeedback.com" target="_blank">www.interviewfeedback.com</a> :) that should help :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at MSU in February and was accepted. First of all, let me tell you that according to US news& world report, MSUCOM interviewed 198 and accepted 193 last year. So, the fact that you got an interview is really good!!

You will have 2 interviews, one-on-one and probably back to back. When you get there (east fee hall) just go to the admissions office. They will have your name on a little board outside the office, welcoming you. Its hard to miss. They will give you an interview packet and a pen. Then a lady named Kathy will come in and talk to you about your specific interviewers. You may be the only one interviewing that day. I was one of 2.

The interviews are pretty conversational. The interviewers have a copy of your extra-curricular activities but not your grades or MCATs. They asked a lot of "get to know you" kinds of questions. Many of the questions I was asked were situational (if you were the doctor what would you do kind of things). No answer is right or wrong, they just want to see how you think. Be prepared to answer a few questions about osteopathy (like why you chose it). They asked me many personal questions (about my family and college). One interviewer did ask me where else I had applied. I was very honest with her and even told her where else I had been accepted. But I was also honest when I told her why I would rather go to MSUCOM.

After both interviews, a student will take you and any other interviewees on an informal tour, ending with lunch at Hubbard.

Don't try and be impressive showy. Dress up, of course, but just be honest and be yourself. Try not to be nervous. Just think of it as a conversation among friends (well, friends who are doctors). Overall, just have a positive attitude. It will show through. Just smile and have a good time!!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Anna

Good luck Sperbeck.

I'll try to stop by on Monday and see I catch you.

You are welcome to contact me with any questions.