Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

do it over again

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AngEyes00, Dec 3, 2001.

1. AngEyes00

AngEyes00 Junior Member

If you could start your undergraduate course work over again, would you do something differently that may have perhaps better prepared you for the MCAT or made your med school applications appear more competitive?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gi

Gi Member

I'm a biochem major; so while I've taken a ton more chemistry/biochem than most, I feel that I'm lacking in microbio. If I had another year, I think I'd go back and take advanced immuniology, virology, etc...and definatly more fun classes (flyfishing, guitar, skiing...) ;)

4. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member

I was perfectly happy with my MCAT prep, but I think I would have done a minor in Communication, had I found out early enough on in my undergrad career.

5. none

none 1K Member

I would have taken ochem at a four year, instead of two year institution. Not so much for the MCAT, but because it didn't transfer as upper division and I had to take a bunch of extra classes because of it.

6. WarmFuzzyKittens

WarmFuzzyKittens Senior Member

not go to classes hung over...

7. moo

moo 1K Member

I would've taken more math classes and done straight math instead of doubling up on math and physics.

8. Refuter

Refuter Member

I would have done it all almost the same, except have gone to a cheaper school. Also, i would have applied to different Med schools as well.

9. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

I would have studied abroad for a semester or two. My school has deals with Italian and Spanish universities. Oh well.

10. Tone2002

Tone2002 Senior Member

Attending Physician
    I would have studied for the MCAT just a tad bit harder and maybe did some clinical rotations.