Do Journal Publications after sending in applications count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that for my Organic Chem III class, we complete projects and studies that will definitely get in our names in JOC (J of Organic Chem). Yet, my name is going to show up on the paper perhaps late in the year, when I'm probably going to have my applicaitons in. Do the med schools care of any of your accomplishments after the submission of the application?

Members don't see this ad.

You can't really do anything until you've at least sent in the manuscript to the journal for review. It takes ~1 month or so for them to get back to you to let you know if the paper has been accepted or needs work.

Anyway, the point where you can let others know that you have a publication is the point that the manuscript is written. Just send a copy of the manuscript and write a cover letter letting them know what it is they're looking at with the reference as:

"Title of the article" Author 1, Author 2, etc. Journal of Whatever (submitted)

It's been working wonders for me, even though the paper hasn't been officially accepted yet. :D G'luck!