Quantcast

DO Landing Canadian Residency.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sydney Pierce

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
If this has been answered in previous threads, I apologize. I was wondering if there were any Canadian D.O. students who have landed a residency in Ontario? I know that on paper it is possible (although I think that D.O.s can only match in Family Medicine...please correct me if I am wrong), but does it actually happen? Does anybody know/heard of somebody matching at an Ontario medical school?

I am considering attending a D.O. school next fall, but ultimately want to return back to Ontario. And am trying to determine if I should anticipate doing an American residency then going back to Ontario, or if I should anticipate that I might be able to study in Ontario for my residency.

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

cbest

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only province you can't land a residency as a DO (on paper) is Saskatchewan. Ontario seems to be the most open to DO students. I know a DO student matched into pathology at U of T last year, so that seems encouraging. If not, landing a residency in the US shouldn't be a problem.