Sydney Pierce

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2007
somewhere over the rainbow
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If this has been answered in previous threads, I apologize. I was wondering if there were any Canadian D.O. students who have landed a residency in Ontario? I know that on paper it is possible (although I think that D.O.s can only match in Family Medicine...please correct me if I am wrong), but does it actually happen? Does anybody know/heard of somebody matching at an Ontario medical school?

I am considering attending a D.O. school next fall, but ultimately want to return back to Ontario. And am trying to determine if I should anticipate doing an American residency then going back to Ontario, or if I should anticipate that I might be able to study in Ontario for my residency.

Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

cbest

10+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The only province you can't land a residency as a DO (on paper) is Saskatchewan. Ontario seems to be the most open to DO students. I know a DO student matched into pathology at U of T last year, so that seems encouraging. If not, landing a residency in the US shouldn't be a problem.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.