DO Letter of Rec help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctora92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNer's

I am hopefully applying this cycle to both MD and DO schools, and I have a letter of rec from an MD I shadowed at a pediatrics clinic. There is also a pediatric DO at the same clinic, would it be weird to shadow both the MD and DO at the same clinic if they basically do the same things, honestly you can't tell the difference. The letterhead would be from the same clinic for both. Should I shadow a DO at a different clinic or just ask this one?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing practically the same thing, shadowing a couple doctors (DO & MDs) at the same ED

I'm thinking just send the right letters to the right schools since I'll probably try my luck with MD and DO schools

Shadow a DO if you're applying to DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SDNer's

I am hopefully applying this cycle to both MD and DO schools, and I have a letter of rec from an MD I shadowed at a pediatrics clinic. There is also a pediatric DO at the same clinic, would it be weird to shadow both the MD and DO at the same clinic if they basically do the same things, honestly you can't tell the difference. The letterhead would be from the same clinic for both. Should I shadow a DO at a different clinic or just ask this one?

Not really sure why this would be an issue. Do you want to do peds? If so, shadow them both. I don't think the other one will care (if that's what you're worried about), and you don't have to send the MD LOR to DO schools or the DO LOR to MD schools, so having the same letterhead shouldn't matter.