1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

DO letter of Reccomendation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DoctorDoogie4, Nov 3, 2002.

1. DoctorDoogie4

DoctorDoogie4 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey everyone,

I hope the application process is going well for everyone. I have a question about letter of Recs from DOs. I just put in my secondaries to a lot of the schools but now just getting my DO letter to be sent in. Is this bad? I have shadowed the physician since January. Does submitting this late put jeopardy on my application? Thanks everyone!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kappapiomega

kappapiomega Member
    7+ Year Member

The sooner your file is complete, the better your chances. Get those letters in as soon as possible and make sure that they get filed properly and they atually tell you your file is complete! Touro misfiled mine for two months!! Good luck!!

4. DoctorDoogie4

DoctorDoogie4 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The secretary said my LOR would be sent overnight on Monday to all the destinations I intend on applying to. I am just worried that I applied late in the session. I had a lot of things going on such as coaching volleyball, school, and a variety of other stuff. I have good stats according to DOs (3.35 cum, 3.30 science, and 24 MCAT). So I don't know..I am very worried about my chances like everyone else is. Maybe I should just relax and let time take its course. I have had a great friend that I met from here tell me that I am good to go, but it just sucks to wait. Hope everyone's dreams come true!

5. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I've heard from lots of people that it's still early in the process. I'm in a similar situation as you. All my secondaries are complete, but by DO LOR is only being mailed this week. Just do the best you can and hope for the best. Everything else is pretty much out of our hands. Good luck

6. Chisel

Chisel Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Look at it this way, if you've got good stats, good LOR, and most importantly (in my opinion), a good personality - it's never too late.

Alright maybe there is a time when it becomes too late, but now is not that time. I didn't even receive my secondaries until January.

And look at me now....they let ME into Med. school.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck.