DO letter of recomendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to get a letter of recom. from DO and submit it before Dec.1. Apparently, I have no idea how to approach this problem...Any ideas? Should I just pick one form the list of DO in my city? How should I approach them? Can I state in the very beginning that I need a letter of recom. from them or should I follow couple of weeks and then ask? Is it possible in general to get the letter of recom in such short period of time? How did you guys do it? I NEED IDEAS!!! Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Open your phone book and start dialing.

2) Contact your state's osteopathic association and find a DO that way.

It's going to be VERY hard to find a DO willing to let you shadow. It took me about 2 months to find one, and I have to wait another 2 months to shadow him. However, the DO I snagged happens to also be the president of my state's DO association. :clap:

You're going to have a hell of a time finding and getting a letter in under two months. Should have thought ahead buddy.

By the way, which school is requiring the letter? PCOM?

Originally posted by JKDMed
1) Open your phone book and start dialing.

I did this and it worked wonders. I shadowed for a couple of months before I asked for a recommendation though. One asked me before I shadowed him for the first time to bring a CV so he could write me one. After I shadowed him for a week he wrote me a kickin' one. Surgeons....straight to the point. (ok that was a really bad joke)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know of a guide in writing a C.V., or a template I could follow? I just threw something together for my non-science recommender, and I'm quite embarassment now that I have seen a real CV. I'm writing an actual one to hand out to my two science writers.

microsoft word has a bunch of easy templates
i'd check that out;
that's what i used; and every job i applied told me my resume looks real impressive
i just filled in the blanks in the template

CCOM requires it...