DO licensing in OK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where else to put this thread. If I did an ACGME residency, is it possible to be licensed in Oklahoma? I checked out their site and it appears as though OK does not accept an AOA approval/waiver for the traditional rotating internship, unlike MI and others. Does anyone know more about this?

Members don't see this ad.

It's no longer an issue care of the merger.

http://www.osteopathic.org/inside-a.../Pages/aoa-recognition-of-acgme-training.aspx

Announcement: The AOA, ACGME and AACOM have agreed to a single accreditation system for graduate medical education programs in the U.S., with AOA-accredited training programs transitioning to ACGME accreditation between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2020. Read more and view Frequently Asked Questions.

The AOA currently recognizes ACGME training as AOA training to allow DOs to become board eligible in their respective specialties and for licensure in the four states (Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma) that require an OGME-1 year. In addition, if a DO is transferring from an ACGME program to an AOA residency program, the DO must have an approved OGME-1 year before entering the program.

I am applying for an OK DO license. I noticed that it's a pretty archaic form. Also, they don't require a medical jurisprudence test but the MD applicants do. Does anyone know why?

thread-necromancy.png