1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DO Literature that helped you.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by RNtoDO, May 6, 2004.

1. RNtoDO

RNtoDO Member
    7+ Year Member

hey
    can someone please give me some suggestions for literature to read to find more out about DO's???? I am applying this summer and shadowing some DO's this summer and need a good reference book for questions and the such???
    thanks

2. box29

box29 Keep on keepin' on Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I read Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress. It's a relatively short book and easy read as well as interesting. This was the only book I read...I did read part of the Gevitz book a while ago, and although interesting, I found it to be dry in some parts.

I also did alot of internet searches as well as read as many posts as possible on SDN from people who have successfully gained acceptance into med school.

Hope that helps...Oh, I also read a very interesting book on health care called Epidemic of Care.

3. drdrtoledo

drdrtoledo Pharm Delicious
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Doctor Peloncito

Doctor Peloncito Family Physician
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

The DOs by Norman Gevitz gives the best history of osteopathic medicine. It also includes a lot of relevant history about medicine in general in this country. They just released an updated edition to this book, first published in the early eighties.

wbdo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree with wannabeDO. This was great book. This and Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress were both suggestions from the DO that I interviewed with so he could write my LOR. I bought both of them from amazon.com

6. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER
    10+ Year Member

I read Gevitz... #1

7. cdreed

cdreed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I gotta recommend The DOs by Gevitz...