DO Literature that helped you.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNtoDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey
can someone please give me some suggestions for literature to read to find more out about DO's???? I am applying this summer and shadowing some DO's this summer and need a good reference book for questions and the such???
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I read Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress. It's a relatively short book and easy read as well as interesting. This was the only book I read...I did read part of the Gevitz book a while ago, and although interesting, I found it to be dry in some parts.

I also did alot of internet searches as well as read as many posts as possible on SDN from people who have successfully gained acceptance into med school.

Hope that helps...Oh, I also read a very interesting book on health care called Epidemic of Care.

Members don't see this ad :)
RNtoDO said:
hey
can someone please give me some suggestions for literature to read to find more out about DO's???? I am applying this summer and shadowing some DO's this summer and need a good reference book for questions and the such???
thanks

The DOs by Norman Gevitz gives the best history of osteopathic medicine. It also includes a lot of relevant history about medicine in general in this country. They just released an updated edition to this book, first published in the early eighties.

wbdo

WannabeDO said:
The DOs by Norman Gevitz gives the best history of osteopathic medicine. It also includes a lot of relevant history about medicine in general in this country. They just released an updated edition to this book, first published in the early eighties.

wbdo

I agree with wannabeDO. This was great book. This and Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress were both suggestions from the DO that I interviewed with so he could write my LOR. I bought both of them from amazon.com

WannabeDO said:

wbdo

I read Gevitz... #1

I gotta recommend The DOs by Gevitz...