• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

gnuel

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
For example, can if I ask for a LOR this year and keep it on file on pharmcas till the year? The reason I ask is because I'm currently working at a lab as a lab intern and I basically work directly under a scientist and I think she may be able to write me a good letter of rec. However, it's a special program where I can work until May and then I'm done, but I'm only a second year and wont apply to pharm school till fall 2008.

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
No, you cannot do it. Every year you have to get new LORs in.
But if you are going to apply for fall 2008, you should be ok because Pharmcas will launch their new cycle for 2008 on June 1st of 2007. You can ask her to write you a letter after June 1st.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
You need to get a new letter of recommendation. You can just ask her next year to write you a letter of recommendation!!!!

About the Ads

leoproductionz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
Palm Bay/Miami, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i just signed up for pharmcas a couple of days ago because i too was going to start asking for letters of recommendation this semester. do i have to re-sign up on pharmcas since it's to my understanding that the people entering in fall 2008 won't be able to start their cycle until june 2007?

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
i just signed up for pharmcas a couple of days ago because i too was going to start asking for letters of recommendation this semester. do i have to re-sign up on pharmcas since it's to my understanding that the people entering in fall 2008 won't be able to start their cycle until june 2007?

You have to re-sign up and do everything all over again. Every year is different. Nothing carries over.

Ray1234

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
For example, can if I ask for a LOR this year and keep it on file on pharmcas till the year? The reason I ask is because I'm currently working at a lab as a lab intern and I basically work directly under a scientist and I think she may be able to write me a good letter of rec. However, it's a special program where I can work until May and then I'm done, but I'm only a second year and wont apply to pharm school till fall 2008.

In couple of schools they have different systems, some schools will just seek at least one new LOR instead of 3 and use others from the previous year. It will be good idea to check with the school's policy.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.