Do LORs carry over to next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gnuel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For example, can if I ask for a LOR this year and keep it on file on pharmcas till the year? The reason I ask is because I'm currently working at a lab as a lab intern and I basically work directly under a scientist and I think she may be able to write me a good letter of rec. However, it's a special program where I can work until May and then I'm done, but I'm only a second year and wont apply to pharm school till fall 2008.

Members don't see this ad.

No, you cannot do it. Every year you have to get new LORs in.
But if you are going to apply for fall 2008, you should be ok because Pharmcas will launch their new cycle for 2008 on June 1st of 2007. You can ask her to write you a letter after June 1st.

You need to get a new letter of recommendation. You can just ask her next year to write you a letter of recommendation!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just signed up for pharmcas a couple of days ago because i too was going to start asking for letters of recommendation this semester. do i have to re-sign up on pharmcas since it's to my understanding that the people entering in fall 2008 won't be able to start their cycle until june 2007?

i just signed up for pharmcas a couple of days ago because i too was going to start asking for letters of recommendation this semester. do i have to re-sign up on pharmcas since it's to my understanding that the people entering in fall 2008 won't be able to start their cycle until june 2007?

You have to re-sign up and do everything all over again. Every year is different. Nothing carries over.

For example, can if I ask for a LOR this year and keep it on file on pharmcas till the year? The reason I ask is because I'm currently working at a lab as a lab intern and I basically work directly under a scientist and I think she may be able to write me a good letter of rec. However, it's a special program where I can work until May and then I'm done, but I'm only a second year and wont apply to pharm school till fall 2008.

In couple of schools they have different systems, some schools will just seek at least one new LOR instead of 3 and use others from the previous year. It will be good idea to check with the school's policy.

In couple of schools they have different systems, some schools will just seek at least one new LOR instead of 3 and use others from the previous year. It will be good idea to check with the school's policy.

He was asking about Pharmcas.