Do many dental schools require you to use Mac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toofh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My PC has been not functioning very well recently, and I want to replace it. However, I am hesitant because I have heard that some dental schools require you to buy a Mac. Are there a lot of dental schools that require you do that or just a few? I don't want to buy a PC, and then buy a new Mac next fall again. If I buy my new PC, I will definitely buy a good enough PC that I can use for at least 4-5 years without major upgrades.

Members don't see this ad.

Schools I visited you could have either but students say that school program seemed to function better with macs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Macs seem like the popular choice however.

Get a microsoft surface pro 3. A majority of my class have MacBooks but they always look at me annotating power points with the pen and I know they're kind of jealous.

Reactions: 1 users
Get a microsoft surface pro 3. A majority of my class have MacBooks but they always look at me annotating power points with the pen and I know they're kind of jealous.
My school uses some software that they say doesn't work with a surface pro...I don't know if that is true or not.

The surface pro will run anything a windows laptop or desktop will run because it is a full windows computer. I've heard people say it won't run apps before; they are talking about the surface RT (the naming scheme microsoft came up with is REALLY obnoxious). Just make sure it's the pro version.

My school uses some software that they say doesn't work with a surface pro...I don't know if that is true or not.

I seriously doubt that, but if that's the case a macbook is a good computer that will last. I'm just not the biggest fan of them.