DO/MD/JD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know anybody who participated in the DO/JD or MD/JD program? If you do, can you please tell me why he/she did it? How can one manage to practice both medicine and law at the same time?

[This message has been edited by abc (edited 02-25-2000).]

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know for sure, but I would think those dual degrees would allow one to get into malpractice law (you'd have a great medical background, right!), but I'm simply hypothesizing... Just like having a scientific PhD and JD could get you into patent law in the biotech/biomedical field.

Plain & simple: Dual degrees = MORE OPPORTUNITIES!!!

Just like some people working towards an MD/MPH, DO/MPH, MD/MBA or DO/MBA...its all about the interest of the individual & how they want to live their lives career-wise. Its also about more opportunities...if I am not mistaken.

One more note: I am not sure if there is an osteopathic medical school that offers a DO/JD degree. I could be wrong, but I know of a DO/MPH, DO/MBA, DO/PhD, etc.. but not a DO/JD. Can someone verify that?

Rob
WesternU/COMP MS II

[This message has been edited by Future DOc (edited 02-28-2000).]

Thanks for the replies guys.

Future Doc: As far as I know, UMDNJ-SOM is the only osteopathic school that offers the dual DO/JD program.