Do Med Schools Ask What Other Med Schools you Applied to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmcasAnxiety

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if this is an interview question that comes up, and how you might want to answer it.

I did i-banking for a while, and firms always ask you during interviews what other places you're interviewing with, and you have to be careful how you answer the question...

Members don't see this ad.

AmcasAnxiety said:
I'm just curious if this is an interview question that comes up, and how you might want to answer it.

I did i-banking for a while, and firms always ask you during interviews what other places you're interviewing with, and you have to be careful how you answer the question...

A couple of schools ask on their secondary (University of Florida); I was asked at a few interviews as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
funny since i made this same thread yesterday. i was asked twice at interviews last year. they're not supposed to ask, and you don't have to answer...but i wouldn't be the person who doesn't answer :)

I was asked if I applied out of state (I live in Tx) at my last interview. I think it was because they try to keep students in the state of Texas and it made me look like I was not as attached (to the state) as they would prefer.

A good friend of mine who applied and interviewed last year made the rounds at all the top schools, and she said she got asked at a lot of them where else she was applying--Duke, Hopkins, Penn... I think they even asked where else she was interviewing. She just told them point-blank where else she was interviewing, i.e. "I was in Baltimore yesterday, Philly today, and I'm going to Durham tomorrow."

C.P. Jones said:
funny since i made this same thread yesterday. i was asked twice at interviews last year. they're not supposed to ask, and you don't have to answer...but i wouldn't be the person who doesn't answer :)

A redundant thread. Both are on the front page. No need to search. And by posting this, I'm putting this thread to the top of the list and attracting more people to the redundancy.

AggieJohn said:
I was asked if I applied out of state (I live in Tx) at my last interview. I think it was because they try to keep students in the state of Texas and it made me look like I was not as attached (to the state) as they would prefer.
I was asked that too. I made it clear that although I did apply out of state I would prefer to stay in Texas. I hope it didn't count against me too much :(

nope! maybe i should have...bonuses were INSANE this year...

taylormade44 said:
you mean you didnt make millions and millions of dollars in i-banking? *gasp*