Do Med Schools Ask What Other Med Schools you Applied to?

AmcasAnxiety

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
6
0
Status
I'm just curious if this is an interview question that comes up, and how you might want to answer it.

I did i-banking for a while, and firms always ask you during interviews what other places you're interviewing with, and you have to be careful how you answer the question...
 

ND2005

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2005
1,076
1
Atlanta
Status
Pre-Medical
AmcasAnxiety said:
I'm just curious if this is an interview question that comes up, and how you might want to answer it.

I did i-banking for a while, and firms always ask you during interviews what other places you're interviewing with, and you have to be careful how you answer the question...

A couple of schools ask on their secondary (University of Florida); I was asked at a few interviews as well.
 
About the Ads

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
2,107
3
Status
funny since i made this same thread yesterday. i was asked twice at interviews last year. they're not supposed to ask, and you don't have to answer...but i wouldn't be the person who doesn't answer :)
 

AggieJohn

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
688
0
34
Dallas, TX
www.aggiepremed.org
Status
Medical Student
I was asked if I applied out of state (I live in Tx) at my last interview. I think it was because they try to keep students in the state of Texas and it made me look like I was not as attached (to the state) as they would prefer.
 

Guile

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
1,664
5
Status
A good friend of mine who applied and interviewed last year made the rounds at all the top schools, and she said she got asked at a lot of them where else she was applying--Duke, Hopkins, Penn... I think they even asked where else she was interviewing. She just told them point-blank where else she was interviewing, i.e. "I was in Baltimore yesterday, Philly today, and I'm going to Durham tomorrow."
 

floridakppr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
229
0
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
C.P. Jones said:
funny since i made this same thread yesterday. i was asked twice at interviews last year. they're not supposed to ask, and you don't have to answer...but i wouldn't be the person who doesn't answer :)

A redundant thread. Both are on the front page. No need to search. And by posting this, I'm putting this thread to the top of the list and attracting more people to the redundancy.
 

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
9,817
4
TX
Status
Attending Physician
AggieJohn said:
I was asked if I applied out of state (I live in Tx) at my last interview. I think it was because they try to keep students in the state of Texas and it made me look like I was not as attached (to the state) as they would prefer.
I was asked that too. I made it clear that although I did apply out of state I would prefer to stay in Texas. I hope it didn't count against me too much :(
 
OP
A

AmcasAnxiety

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2006
6
0
Status
nope! maybe i should have...bonuses were INSANE this year...



taylormade44 said:
you mean you didnt make millions and millions of dollars in i-banking? *gasp*
 
About the Ads