Do med schools care what other schools you apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vladimir7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that with the whole streamlined application system (AMCAS), that schools can find out very specific things like how many times you've taken mcat, individual scores...but most curiously, other schools that you've applied to?

Is this true? Will they know and care about all other schools i applied to and all my acceptances/rejections?

I'm worried because i plan to apply to all the UC's and i wonder if (just for example) they, UCLA, see that I also applied to UCR, and reject me because they think i'll get accepted there so they wouldn't need to accept me?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure that overwhelmingly majority of people who apply to medical school apply to more than 1 school and med schools probably realize this.

I remember reading somewhere that with the whole streamlined application system (AMCAS), that schools can find out very specific things like how many times you've taken mcat, individual scores...but most curiously, other schools that you've applied to?

Is this true? Will they know and care about all other schools i applied to and all my acceptances/rejections?

I'm worried because i plan to apply to all the UC's and i wonder if (just for example) they, UCLA, see that I also applied to UCR, and reject me because they think i'll get accepted there so they wouldn't need to accept me?
We never see where you have applied (except in TX). We do see that you are a re-applicant to our school and all MCAT scores. CA schools presume that CA applicants apply to all UC's and probably to the privates too. Don't worry, UCLA is not afraid of UCR. UCLA and UCSF may fight, but that's a fight you want to be part of!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We never see where you have applied (except in TX). We do see that you are a re-applicant to our school and all MCAT scores. CA schools presume that CA applicants apply to all UC's and probably to the privates too. Don't worry, UCLA is not afraid of UCR. UCLA and UCSF may fight, but that's a fight you want to be part of!

Thanks! that alleviates some worries for sure. And absolutely UCLA and UCSF are basically my dream schools, don't know if i can get in, but i'll work my hardest for sure.

Thanks! that alleviates some worries for sure. And absolutely UCLA and UCSF are basically my dream schools, don't know if i can get in, but i'll work my hardest for sure.
We don't find out where else you are accepted until after we make a decision. Relax (at least about this).