do med schools drug test before the mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bceagles2012

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
if one were to take a couple adderalls to maintain focus, would med schools ever know? this wouldnt technically be considered "cheating" because you are still using your own work.

Members don't see this ad.

yes they do random urine samples at all prometric centers

This is the same ramrod who started the "christian-only" thread.

images

Members don't see this ad :)
if one were to take a couple adderalls to maintain focus, would med schools ever know? this wouldnt technically be considered "cheating" because you are still using your own work.

I like how there's a justification about pharmacologically enhancing your performance included.

But no, they don't drug test.

Does Dr. Wolf know you're asking all these highly intelligent questions?

my kids told me about this tweet:

"I decided to brush my teeth while I waited for my Adderall to kick in; 17 min later, I was still brushing my teeth."

:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

Maybe you should write to the Olympic Committee and tell them that using steroids isn't cheating because the athletes are still using their own muscles :rolleyes:

^------not very christian (see 'don't ask, don't tell' thread) :nono:

NY prometric centers take hair samples

They also do blood draws and spinal taps.

In fact the amount of blood you can give before you pass out is the fifth section of your MCAT score that only schools get to see.

You getting interviews was luck? Think again.

"I decided to brush my teeth while I waited for my Adderall to kick in; 17 min later, I was still brushing my teeth."

watch out bceagle, LizzyM is on a roll.

Great!

OP, you can lie to yourself now by using performance enhancing drugs if they're not prescribed to you, but you'll likely pay a heavy toll at some point.

big

but in all seriousness they do drug test at most centers (you can do the hair test in advance but they want a urine sample on site)... BUT AMCAS allows for each student to take one 20 mg adderall before the mcat so you should be good to go :thumbup:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
big

but in all seriousness they do drug test at most centers (you can do the hair test in advance but they want a urine sample on site)... BUT AMCAS allows for each student to take one 20 mg adderall before the mcat so you should be good to go :thumbup:

...I must have tested at a different location-
and, if you dont mind me asking, where'd you see the 20 mg allowance rule?

They also do blood draws and spinal taps.

In fact the amount of blood you can give before you pass out is the fifth section of your MCAT score that only schools get to see.

You getting interviews was luck? Think again.

Is this before or after they assess the bulbocavernosus reflex?

...I must have tested at a different location-
and, if you dont mind me asking, where'd you see the 20 mg allowance rule?

It could be location specific, but one good place to start would be the AMCAS official manual on the site.

It could be location specific, but one good place to start would be the AMCAS official manual on the site.

ah, man it sucks that you guys have to do all this stuff with prometric. I took it on paper at a small christian college where they let us skip the biology section if evolution violated our religious beliefs.

14, 13, 2, Baby! The perfect Loma Linda score!

The fact that your guilty conscious has compelled you to post this thread speaks about how nervous you will be when you go into the prometric center and check the box "No I did not use any performance enhancing drug" and as you check that box you will notice at the corner of your eye the police man. Sitting, with his litmus test in hand to test any fool idiotic enough to try to cheat the system.

The fact that your guilty conscious has compelled you to post this thread speaks about how nervous you will be when you go into the prometric center and check the box "No I did not use any performance enhancing drug" and as you check that box you will notice at the corner of your eye the police man. Sitting, with his litmus test in hand to test any fool idiotic enough to try to cheat the system.
Exactly. Roger Clemens and Mark McGuire didn't cheat to get where they are today, and neither should you!

if one were to take a couple adderalls to maintain focus, would med schools ever know? This wouldnt technically be considered "cheating" because you are still using your own work.

icon dancing blue guy moondo1ao2.gif

Wow. I came in here expecting everybody to have already been trolled. Good job SDN; keep your trolldar strong.

2hdo5d2.jpg