do med schools see where else applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bleh4788

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this, but i tried searching and I couldn't find anything about it, so I apologize if it has already been answered.
Anyway, I wanted to know, do schools get your full AMCAS application with all the schools you have applied to still on it? Or does the AAMC somehow remove all the schools names before they send the AMCAS applications?
I am curious because I know a few schools want a copy of your AMCAS and I was wondering whether I should just not send them that page with schools or whether they already have it anyway.
Thanking you for any help!!

Members don't see this ad.

they don't know where else you've applied, which is why some interviewers ask you where else you've applied.

But in Feb (i think) they see where you've been accepted.

thank you so much....does that mean i should take that page out when sending copies of my AMCAS to schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
bleh4788 said:
thank you so much....does that mean i should take that page out when sending copies of my AMCAS to schools?

hmm that is a good question. I personally did not have any schools asking for copy of my AMCAS, but I would assume the page should be optional. I think you should call the school for that one.

MCAT45T said:
hmm that is a good question. I personally did not have any schools asking for copy of my AMCAS, but I would assume the page should be optional. I think you should call the school for that one.

tulane and tufts are the only schools (that I know of) that ask for a copy of the AMCAS. Tufts emphasized that the school thread was not necessary and could be omitted. I'm assuming the same for tulane.

derf said:
tulane and tufts are the only schools (that I know of) that ask for a copy of the AMCAS. Tufts emphasized that the school thread was not necessary and could be omitted. I'm assuming the same for tulane.

Well I sent everything to Tulane with the long list of schools I have applied to .....maybe thats why I haven't heard back anything yet :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CanIMakeIt said:
Well I sent everything to Tulane with the long list of schools I have applied to .....maybe thats why I haven't heard back anything yet :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahaha, so did I. That's probably why I was waitlisted. Or not. ;)

Hahaha ... I did the same thing for Tufts .. hopefully they don't mind seeing the list of 12 schools I applied ... anyone did the same thing for Tufts and received interview invitation yet?

faradayampere said:
Hahaha ... I did the same thing for Tufts .. hopefully they don't mind seeing the list of 12 schools I applied ... anyone did the same thing for Tufts and received interview invitation yet?

pardon my ignorance... but why would it matter if schools saw how many or which schools you applied to?