Do medical schools care about my extracurriculars and volunteering from before 2017? I am a nontrad who is applying this cycle so i am wondering.

lanzhou_lamian

Feb 3, 2020
  1. Medical Student
    I'm a non-trad and I included my extracurriculars from undergrad even though it was a few years back. Even though those activities may not be super recent, they were still formative to my desire to go into medicine, so I saw no reason not to include them. I made sure to include more recent things too though to show my continued commitment towards medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
    D

deleted1005514

Also a non-trad, and I included volunteering from 13+ years in the past, because it was longitudinal and I felt it showed commitment to service and to my community. Many of my leadership roles were 5 years in the past as well.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.