Do medical schools know what other schools you are applying to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RevDM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, do they?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. I know that I was asked (in a friendly, 'you don't have to answer this' way) a couple times over the course of my interviews.

They do know after May 15, or somesuch if you're holding multiple acceptances.

yes. they also know if you've been naughty or nice. and they know what you've been doing in the bathroom btw, and they don't approve.

Members don't see this ad :)
they don't but as someone said earlier, they do sometimes indirectly ask you that by asking how did you choose where to apply or what was your school selection criteria and such.

I was wondering the same thing. Do they see the part of the AMCAS where there is a list of all the schools you applied to? I keep reading different answers.

From what I read here. No, they don't know where else you applied and to how many other. Correct?

I was wondering the same thing. Do they see the part of the AMCAS where there is a list of all the schools you applied to? I keep reading different answers.

From what I read here. No, they don't know where else you applied and to how many other. Correct?

Correct, they do NOT know what other schools you applied to. That AMCAS list only shows up for the applicant, not for the med schools :)

Does anyone know if medical schools can see the NUMBER of schools you have applied to? I am aware that in our amcas app it states schools cannot see the list of schools , so they cannot see where you applied but I think i have heard they know the number of schools you have anyone know? - I actually had someone ask me how many schools i have applied to in total and it caught me off guard and ended up saying a number much lower then the number i applied to im nervous it might have messed my interview up

Well, do they?

All of the schools that you applied to DO show up on your TMDSAS application (both your texas schools and your AMCAS schools). My interviewer was looking through my application in front of me and that is pretty much the first thing they see.

Don't know about AMCAS, but I get the feeling that the PDF you print out is pretty much the same thing the schools see. At Baylor, they print out a copy of your application that you have to bring to your interviewer. I didn't really go through it, but it looked to be exactly the same as the copy I had printed out the night before for myself.

Actually during my interview, I caught a glimpse of my interviewer looking through my AMCAS application. And the version she had included all the schools I was applying to in the packet.