Do medical schools know what other schools you are applying to?

About the Ads

floridakmm

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2008
I was wondering the same thing. Do they see the part of the AMCAS where there is a list of all the schools you applied to? I keep reading different answers.

From what I read here. No, they don't know where else you applied and to how many other. Correct?

tallandshort

Jun 8, 2009
  1. Medical Student
I was wondering the same thing. Do they see the part of the AMCAS where there is a list of all the schools you applied to? I keep reading different answers.

From what I read here. No, they don't know where else you applied and to how many other. Correct?

Correct, they do NOT know what other schools you applied to. That AMCAS list only shows up for the applicant, not for the med schools :)

Lucky4

Oct 15, 2009
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if medical schools can see the NUMBER of schools you have applied to? I am aware that in our amcas app it states schools cannot see the list of schools , so they cannot see where you applied but I think i have heard they know the number of schools you have anyone know? - I actually had someone ask me how many schools i have applied to in total and it caught me off guard and ended up saying a number much lower then the number i applied to im nervous it might have messed my interview up

KTD

5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2009
  1. Medical Student
Well, do they?

All of the schools that you applied to DO show up on your TMDSAS application (both your texas schools and your AMCAS schools). My interviewer was looking through my application in front of me and that is pretty much the first thing they see.

Don't know about AMCAS, but I get the feeling that the PDF you print out is pretty much the same thing the schools see. At Baylor, they print out a copy of your application that you have to bring to your interviewer. I didn't really go through it, but it looked to be exactly the same as the copy I had printed out the night before for myself.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.