Do Medical Schools Require Senior Midyear Grade Reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsperson

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do medical schools require you to send midyear grades from classes taken during the year of application? Additionally, do they require some sort of updated GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

hsperson said:
Do medical schools require you to send midyear grades from classes taken during the year of application? Additionally, do they require some sort of updated GPA?

Some of them encourage you to update your file, while some of them prefer you do not contact them until a decision has been made (ie, they won't consider any updates.) I do not think any specifically REQUIRE you to send midyear grades, but I know several require you to submit a final transcript after graduation if you've been accepted (before they will allow you to matriculate.)

chandelantern said:
Some of them encourage you to update your file, while some of them prefer you do not contact them until a decision has been made (ie, they won't consider any updates.) I do not think any specifically REQUIRE you to send midyear grades, but I know several require you to submit a final transcript after graduation if you've been accepted (before they will allow you to matriculate.)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
last year NYMC sent a letter or email asking for the fall semester grades once they were out

SUNY Downstate sent out a similiar letter (requiring Fall grades to be sent).

vandy asked me for a grade update last year, but i think it was for scholarship consideration and unrelated to admissions. bottom line: work fall semester, blow off the spring (but still pass!)

chandelantern said:
wow, I've never heard of a school discouraging you from updating them or anything. which schools have you heard this about?

TheProwler said:
wow, I've never heard of a school discouraging you from updating them or anything. which schools have you heard this about?

penn state said not to update in the hold list letter....i'm doing it anyway