1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Do most PA schools exist with a med school?

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by sistermike, Oct 23, 2002.

1. sistermike

sistermike Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Are most PA programs in universities that also have a med school? Is it a downfall if the PA program is at a university without a med school?

I will be attending Central Michigan University, and I wanted to study pre-med, but I found out that CMU has a fantastic Physician Assistant program. The program was developed for students to fill in positions throughout rural areas in Michigan, but i believe the majority of the students go else where. Someone told me while visiting CMU that the PA program was horrible because the school did not have a Medical School, so the classes a PA goes through will not be as well taught. I dunno, its confusing how to word the questin.. lol. Does anyone know the pros and cons of Central Michigan Universities PA program?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. emedpa

emedpa GlobalDoc
    10+ Year Member

Post Doc
    several good community based(non-university) programs exist. they take their lecture staff from clinicians in the local area as well as having a core staff. just stay away from the ones at community colleges.best of luck-e