Do most schools have video recorded lectures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I love working from home...do most schools have digitally recorded lectures?

Members don't see this ad.

No, make sure to ask that during your interview day. I actually think most schools do NOT offer video recorded lecture (although many have podcast).

Members don't see this ad :)
We have them, and it is certainly nice to have as a backup. Personally, I find it more difficult to sit through an hour of blurry video in my apartment than to go to a live lecture, but some people swear by it. Half the fun is shmoozing with your classmates afterward, and you miss out on that if you don't show up. Regardless, I wouldn't make a decision based on whether a school offers lecture videos, though it is worth entering it into the equation.

We don't have broadcast or recorded lectures, but all our lectures' powerpoint presentations are posted online. We also have a note-taking service to supplement that.

We have them, and it is certainly nice to have as a backup. Personally, I find it more difficult to sit through an hour of blurry video in my apartment than to go to a live lecture, but some people swear by it. Half the fun is shmoozing with your classmates afterward, and you miss out on that if you don't show up. Regardless, I wouldn't make a decision based on whether a school offers lecture videos, though it is worth entering it into the equation.

i'm going to have to watch it anyways, and if I'm at home I'm not going to be nearly as productive with it if I don't go to school.

I like to watch the lecturer as well. Our videos are mainly audio with a shot of the slide the lecturer is talking about. Occasionally, it will pan to the person talking, but not enough to keep me engaged.

Our school doesn't have video or audio recordings of lectures, but we do have powerpoint notes and objective outlines posted online and distributed to us as hard copies. Personally, the outlines are what I do 99% of my studying from, so I don't think not having the lectures available online is a big deal at all.