Do most schools let you take a prerequisite in the summer before matriculating?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeSill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking about taking Physics 1 and 2 in the summer

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah they do. The exception would be completing courses during the summer right before you are intended to matricuate.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. It's going to be the summer right before I intend to matriculate.

I know someone at UNLV who completes prereq in the summer before school it must be before august 1st by any means.

but this student has to work out some deals with the school.

when you get accepted without all ur prereqs, contact the admission counselor and they will do anything they can to help you make it (online classes at multiple institutions, virtual lab, etc)

Thanks for the reply. It's going to be the summer right before I intend to matriculate.
If i remember correctly, many schools have strict July 1st deadline for you to turn in the updated transcript. Pretty much means you can't be taking new courses in the summer immediately prior to matriculating. This however may vary among the schools, and i m not sure if exception is made on case-to-case basis. But they are pretty cut-throat about meeting the deadline. i would call / email them and ask personally. Schools also indicate their transcript deadlines on the websites.