do most schools send rejection letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bokermmk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are some schools that dont really tell you that they dont want to interview you - Harvard for instance (who doesnt send their rejection letters on a rolling basis). Is this the norm? Most schools accept on a rolling bais but do they also reject on a rolling basis or put everyone on hold that they dont want to immediately interview and then reject everyone at once? Is no news necessarily bad news?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school, but if they have rolling admissions, usually their processes and notifications are rolling. However, based on your application, they will take varying times to review your app and render a decision. Schools without rolling admissions usually do the "batch" format, where they review in batches at a designated time, so notification should be somewhat uniform.

And yeah, some schools don't tell you if you're on hold...(Drexel I'm looking in your direction...) but you should just call if it's been a long time and they'll tell you. No news is better than getting a thin envelope. You're still being considered as far as you know.

Otherwise they're being sadistic and your rejection is sitting on someone's desk somewhere. I know mine are.