DO name change?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we should call it OMD !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by pnp366
I think we should call it OMD !!!!
Unfortunately an OMD is a masters in oriental medicine. The name is taken already.

Originally posted by gioia
Originally posted by bgreet
No, but physician does = physician.

Explain Chiropractic Physician, Oriental Medicine Physician, and Herbal Medicine Physician then.

Patient is wheeled into the emergency room. D.O. board certified in Emergency Medicine gets ready to start performing live saving emergency procedures on patient. Patient looks up and says "wait, are you a D.O. or an M.D.?"

D.O. Anesthesiologist is about to put patient to sleep. Says "count backward from one hundred." Patient says "wait doctor are you an D.O. or an M.D.?

D.O. Radiologist reads and dictates diagnosis on an xray. Patient asks whether the xray was read by a D.O. radiologist or an M.D. Radiologist.

It is doubtful that your Herbalist or Oriental Medicine Physicians are going to run into these situations.

;)

Members don't see this ad :)
It is doubtful that your Herbalist or Oriental Medicine Physicians are going to run into these situations.

For the sake of simplicity, Sky Pilot, I referred to the titles:Chiropractic Physician, Oriental Medicine Physician, and Herbal Medicine Physician as they relate to the post: physician does = physician. Not in a medical emergency or hospital situation (which seems rather obvious) but in a marketing and advertising context. The context in which many individuals of poor health find themselves looking for a physician.

My post, in that regard, is extremely valid. In an era of increased specialization and increasingly defined titles (which span not only healthcare but many other industries) sneaky titles are dangerous.

Individuals most definitely question whether an MD or DO physician can offer anything more for their pain than the handful of other physicians I just mentioned.

That is why Americans spent five billion dollars last year, OUT OF POCKET on alternative medicine and why the NIH is funding CAM programs across the nation.

If it smells like poop and tastes like poop, don't worry it might just be another DO/MD name debate.

Originally posted by YoungFaithful
If it smells like poop and tastes like poop, don't worry it might just be another DO/MD name debate.

HAHAHHAHAHA he said POOOOOOOOPPPP

Originally posted by exmike
i wonder if there will ever be a carribean DO school. that would be interesting.

Would those schools be for people who couldn't get into carribean MD schools?

Originally posted by SnapperK
Would those schools be for people who couldn't get into carribean MD schools?
Yes

Originally posted by gioia

For the sake of simplicity, Sky Pilot, I referred to the titles:Chiropractic Physician, Oriental Medicine Physician, and Herbal Medicine Physician as they relate to the post: physician does = physician. Not in a medical emergency or hospital situation (which seems rather obvious) but in a marketing and advertising context. The context in which many individuals of poor health find themselves looking for a physician.

My post, in that regard, is extremely valid. In an era of increased specialization and increasingly defined titles (which span not only healthcare but many other industries) sneaky titles are dangerous.

Individuals most definitely question whether an MD or DO physician can offer anything more for their pain than the handful of other physicians I just mentioned.

That is why Americans spent five billion dollars last year, OUT OF POCKET on alternative medicine and why the NIH is funding CAM programs across the nation.

Dammit, what the world needs is an orientalist physician...maybe s/he could have treated Edward Said's leukemia.