1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Do non-transferred dual enrollment credits still count for pre-med requirements?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by neurotroph, Aug 3, 2011.

1. neurotroph

5+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    For my last two years of high school, I was enrolled as a full-time student at a 4-year state university through a dual-enrollment program. I'm now an incoming freshman at a private university that doesn't accept credit for college classes taken during high school, so none of that credit will transfer, and I'll spend all four years at my new school. I know that the AMCAS will take the dual-enrollment classes into account for my GPA, but will med schools allow me to skip taking gen chem, English, and a semester of math at my new school since I already took them at a different university? This would allow me to get orgo out of the way freshman year and replace the math/English with classes that I'm more interested in. I did search the forums for this, but all of the other threads referred to dual-enrollment credits that actually were transferred. I'm not sure if a different rule applies to my situation since none of the college credit I earned during high school will go towards my degree. Also, I did get As in the classes that I'm hoping to skip. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gettheleadout

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes, your dual-enrollment college-level courses taken and passed in high school are valid for fulfilling medical school prerequisites unless a specific medical school specifies otherwise (which is unlikely.)

4. neurotroph

5+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Great. Thanks for your help.