do NOT waste your money on goljan rr esp if you want a good board score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crys20

make it happen!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well i just got done with 3 chapters from goljan rr and i have to say it is absolutely horrible. There is NO way you can get a solid review from that book and it is wayyy to sparse. I compared it with brs and robbins. It leaves out an incredible amount of important things and the bottom line is if you want a poor performance on step 1 then use this, if you want a good performance stick with the king, brs path. What a waste of 30 bucks. Why did anyone post this book was good? i mean it is completely unthorough, i cannot say enough bad thigns about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Strange.I have used it in fact am still using it and I find it fabulous.I guess you are doing it without the Goljan audios.I would suggest you try them with it.

cynicalutopian said:
Strange.I have used it in fact am still using it and I find it fabulous.I guess you are doing it without the Goljan audios.I would suggest you try them with it.

I agree. I think it is way better than BRS, with the exception of the last 3 chapters (musculoskeletal, skin, and neuro), which I thought were weak.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will you please tell me if goljan rr is a book or not and what its full name is?

and I want to know where I can get a goljan audio.

thanks a lot. :)

chinagirl said:
Will you please tell me if goljan rr is a book or not and what its full name is?

and I want to know where I can get a goljan audio.

thanks a lot. :)

The book's title is Rapid Review Pathology by Edward Goljan. It is a Step 1 Pathology review book. You should be able to purchase the audio off of www.ebay.com. Good luck!

HiddenTruth said:
The book's title is Rapid Review Pathology by Edward Goljan. It is a Step 1 Pathology review book. You should be able to purchase the audio off of www.ebay.com. Good luck!

you are helpful :) , Hidden Truth
thank you
:luck: the same to you

crys20 said:
well i just got done with 3 chapters from goljan rr and i have to say it is absolutely horrible. There is NO way you can get a solid review from that book and it is wayyy to sparse. I compared it with brs and robbins. It leaves out an incredible amount of important things and the bottom line is if you want a poor performance on step 1 then use this, if you want a good performance stick with the king, brs path. What a waste of 30 bucks. Why did anyone post this book was good? i mean it is completely unthorough, i cannot say enough bad thigns about it.

considering that RR is very, very similar to the notes he hands out in class and our school tends to kick butt on boards, i think you're in a minority. It's by no means a primary source, but it is a good book none the less, and you'd be a fool to rely soley on a single sourse anyways. And for the disclaimer, I'm sure i'm biased since he teaches path here and because I respect the man immensely.

so carry on.