Do orders come out soon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turkish

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm coming out of the civilian world back into the military (post-residency), and have received email notification of my assignment. When should I expect orders to arrive in the mail? Is AKO a better way to find or retrieve them?

I looked through some of the old threads, they seem to mostly pertain to med students.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm coming out of the civilian world back into the military (post-residency), and have received email notification of my assignment. When should I expect orders to arrive in the mail? Is AKO a better way to find or retrieve them?

I looked through some of the old threads, they seem to mostly pertain to med students.

Thanks for any help.

yeah i had to email my detailer re; orders. the response: "they were out in bupers mid march". i held my tongue- but I was supposed to know that? Don't remember that going through ODS- but that was 4 years ago. Either that or the NAVY GME for delayed training should've told us to check BUPERS (and I went through every email I had to find out they didn't).

orders and navy gme are giving me different things to do/advice/etc. I'm not going into details here. Looks like i'll do my 4 years and get out if these are the fun times I can look forward to.

Ok, thanks for the help. I contacted my company, and they are telling me my orders are "Report date Aug 1, with early report authorized"

What does that mean, exactly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, thanks for the help. I contacted my company, and they are telling me my orders are "Report date Aug 1, with early report authorized"

What does that mean, exactly?

It means you can show up anytime after graduation, but have to be there not later than 1 Aug.

yeah i had to email my detailer re; orders. the response: "they were out in bupers mid march". i held my tongue- but I was supposed to know that? Don't remember that going through ODS- but that was 4 years ago. Either that or the NAVY GME for delayed training should've told us to check BUPERS (and I went through every email I had to find out they didn't).

orders and navy gme are giving me different things to do/advice/etc. I'm not going into details here. Looks like i'll do my 4 years and get out if these are the fun times I can look forward to.

Seriously dude? A two week delay in discovering your orders has you deciding to separate after your commitment? If you are that fragile, you are going to be miserable.

Not fragile- was a student in a public hosp not to long ago- I know how to deal within insane paperwork requests, etc. it was not the 2 week delay.

gme, detailer, orders telling me different things. one of them is right, other are wrong. don't like the 3 stories I am hearing on certain subjects esp when it can affect career, pay, promotion, etc. And then the people involved aren't sure. There are more details than this, but not going to be posted.

The other stuff: I like where I am placed, like the MDs there, like my job, etc. I don't even mind the paperwork, etc. But I do mind being told 3 different answers for one question when there has to be a clear answer, is annoying.

Not fragile- was a student in a public hosp not to long ago- I know how to deal within insane paperwork requests, etc. it was not the 2 week delay.

gme, detailer, orders telling me different things. one of them is right, other are wrong. don't like the 3 stories I am hearing on certain subjects esp when it can affect career, pay, promotion, etc. And then the people involved aren't sure. There are more details than this, but not going to be posted.

The other stuff: I like where I am placed, like the MDs there, like my job, etc. I don't even mind the paperwork, etc. But I do mind being told 3 different answers for one question when there has to be a clear answer, is annoying.

Welcome to every day of my active duty life for the past 3 years. Prepare to be annoyed!

NECROBUMP...
images

So... how often is too often to email AFPC and ask "is my next assignment decided yet?"
The window of: we'll let you know sometime between mid-December and the end of April is a little long.
Coming out of residency I didn't find out until late March.

On the one hand I don't want to annoy them too much; I wouldn't put it past the military bureaucratic forces to exact petty revenge by changing my assignment from Bora Bora to Minot just because I frequently emailed them.
On the other hand, I'd like to know where I'll be moving next so my family can start looking for places to live. Last time it was a rush-job to find a place we could afford in a school district we were ok with.

(sigh), I'm complaining. But I'm sure that the information I want to know is sitting on someone's desk in a folder.