• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

DOindahouse

15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
imgettng myscheduled to rotate at some DO ortho places

so far, southepoint, genesys and pontiac and des peres. in june, sept and oct

please if anyone knows anything about these palces please advice.
i want to also know if i should take comlex 2 in august. i got a 565/77 on step 1. is this a good score
in july i am busy geting married, and then the step 2 is in august, surounded with ortho rotations, so it will be hard to do well
i want to know if programs need step 2 at application time, and if they interview insept/oct then they wont have the resutls anyways,

if anyoen can advice, thannks

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
It would depend if the program is "linked" (meaning that your intern year is integrated into your residency as a pgy-1) or if its that whole pyramid deal that DO ortho programs are so notorious for.

If its the former, then they only need your step I score. Due to the competitive nature of the field you may want to consider taking step II earlier to get closer to a 90%. If its the latter, then they will have your step II score by default (they will match you after the intern year).

Hope this helps

DOindahouse

15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
hmm, this sucks... some of the programs i am looking into are linked and some are not. I personally just want to get a program. does anyone know from personal experience what is better to do, thanks

About the Ads

JP2005

HOPKINS GAS PASSER
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 21, 2001
NYC/Baltimore
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i would take step 2 in aug bc one must realize that a lot of DO students going for those ortho spots are going to be at the top of their classes (with most likley high board scores)......bottom line is that DO ortho is still competitive (esp the linked programs) and you should take step 2 early and score close to a 90 as previously mentioned.....

DOindahouse

15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
yeha, thats what im thinking now too, tho i think i could score higher if i take it later, but i guess it wont be much use

my issue right nowis finding a rotation where i can stay local so it wont be a bitch to find a place to tak the test, esp when the testdates for me is gonna be surrounded by ortho rotations and marriage, i feel bad for my wife already

DOindahouse

15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
so far, most of the places ive asked abt step 2 said they dontneed it for application. and do it in jan.

anyone who has personal experience with this, what do u think.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.