Do parents come to White Coat Ceremony? My mom wants to come!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timelyjeez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I think they are invited. My mom will come whether she's invited or not.

haha that's hilarious...aren't moms the greatest?

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
I thought one of the main reason they perform the ceremony was for your family.

Definitely. Why not?

My parents will come even if they're not invited!

what is the white coat ceremony and when does it take place?

Of course parents are welcome at the white coat ceremony. Moms are also encouraged to come for your first day of clinic and to be there for your first extraction. Make sure she brings a camera so she can take a picture for your "Baby's First ____" scrapbook!

Oh, and I know some schools do the ceremony at the completion of gross lab.

Of course parents are welcome at the white coat ceremony. Moms are also encouraged to come for your first day of clinic and to be there for your first extraction. Make sure she brings a camera so she can take a picture for your "Baby's First ____" scrapbook!

Wow, your mom follows you wherever you go. Good for you. :thumbup:

Which school are you going to attend?

Can my dog come? She helped me enjoy studying.

my mom better come!!! i'm already know that thousands of pics will be taken that day.

i know that many schools have their white coat ceremonies during orientation, but other schools wait until 2nd year is finished. i personally prefer having the ceremony after 2nd year.

what a freaking dumb question.

what kind of question is that? Of course your parents and families are allowed to come. You're going to professional school right? It's just some people here have no common sense...

before u guys all jump down his throat for 'askin such a stupid question' u should actually know if ur 100% right...

NYU does NOT allow parents at their white coat ceremony... the room is not big enough to accomodate parents as well as students/faculty....

so, depending on how big ur school is, it may not allow parents there... i suggest u tell us which school ur talkin about...

I'm 90% sure I'm going to NYU
My parents will be so disappointed if they are not allowed to come!
Are you sure NYU really doesn't invite family members?

i'm a d1- they werent allowed this yr b/c the ceremony was in saklad (the downstairs lecture hall/auditorium)...
its goin to be teh 230-240 d1's and the 100 or so foreign students that will be d2's, so there will be no room anywhere in the school for parents...
unless they have the ceremony at some bigger place, which i find highly unlikely, parents wont be allowed again next year...

what about baby's first mmmm hmmmm oh hhh ohhh ahhhh... don't forget the face robert... that's my boy..