Do parents come to White Coat Ceremony? My mom wants to come!

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

etan4

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2005
Status (Visible)
haha that's hilarious...aren't moms the greatest?

About the Ads

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I thought one of the main reason they perform the ceremony was for your family.

H

HermeytheElf

Of course parents are welcome at the white coat ceremony. Moms are also encouraged to come for your first day of clinic and to be there for your first extraction. Make sure she brings a camera so she can take a picture for your "Baby's First ____" scrapbook!

Oh, and I know some schools do the ceremony at the completion of gross lab.

DDSY

Bright Lights at Night
10+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2006
United States
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Of course parents are welcome at the white coat ceremony. Moms are also encouraged to come for your first day of clinic and to be there for your first extraction. Make sure she brings a camera so she can take a picture for your "Baby's First ____" scrapbook!

Wow, your mom follows you wherever you go. Good for you. :thumbup:

lovechild404

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2005
under a rock
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
my mom better come!!! i'm already know that thousands of pics will be taken that day.

i know that many schools have their white coat ceremonies during orientation, but other schools wait until 2nd year is finished. i personally prefer having the ceremony after 2nd year.

PlanB21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
what kind of question is that? Of course your parents and families are allowed to come. You're going to professional school right? It's just some people here have no common sense...

gel1681

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
before u guys all jump down his throat for 'askin such a stupid question' u should actually know if ur 100% right...

NYU does NOT allow parents at their white coat ceremony... the room is not big enough to accomodate parents as well as students/faculty....

so, depending on how big ur school is, it may not allow parents there... i suggest u tell us which school ur talkin about...

timelyjeez

10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm 90% sure I'm going to NYU
My parents will be so disappointed if they are not allowed to come!
Are you sure NYU really doesn't invite family members?

gel1681

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i'm a d1- they werent allowed this yr b/c the ceremony was in saklad (the downstairs lecture hall/auditorium)...
its goin to be teh 230-240 d1's and the 100 or so foreign students that will be d2's, so there will be no room anywhere in the school for parents...
unless they have the ceremony at some bigger place, which i find highly unlikely, parents wont be allowed again next year...

DATkilla

10+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

what about baby's first mmmm hmmmm oh hhh ohhh ahhhh... don't forget the face robert... that's my boy..

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.