• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Do pharm schools take into consideration non-prereq classes?

bchmcs

Sep 10, 2017
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,
This might be a silly question but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere online. Do pharmacy schools bother looking at non-prerequisite courses? A lot of prereq classes were introductory classes for my major and when I first started college, simply put, I didn't know how to study or manage my time efficiently until my junior year (because I'm dumb). Thus, I got subpar marks for those classes (i.e. physics, physio, intro to genetics). Since then, I've taken a few advanced/upper div classes (like physical biochem, analytical chem, molecular genetics, etc.) and I've gotten better grades for those courses. But at the same time, I didn't have the chance to retake my prereqs and as a result my science gpa is a mere 2.8 (my cumulative is somewhere near 3.2-3.3).

I'm concerned because, first of all, those classes aren't prereqs that I can list on the "prerequisite" section of the PharmCas app and I'm aware that schools generally compare applicants by their prereq coursework. Does anyone have any insight??

Last edited:

Ladyg228

2+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2016
  1. Pharmacist
Is the 2.8 calculated by PharmCAS or your undergrad? Have you repeated courses? I believe a lot of the school who use PharmCAS will look at the GPA calculated by PharmCAS. There are some schools that will recalculate their own GPA but its rare

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.