Jul 4, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm browsing some LOR guidelines, it is appears as though Post-Bac applicants, if their program has an advisory committee, only need ONE letter of recommendation (from that committee/advisor)...on the other hand, typical undergrad applicants need 2-3...

is this really true?

bashir

10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Different schools have different LOR requirements, so there is no one answer to your question. Check the websites of the schools you're interested in.

May 31, 2009
Toronto
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm browsing some LOR guidelines, it is appears as though Post-Bac applicants, if their program has an advisory committee, only need ONE letter of recommendation (from that committee/advisor)...on the other hand, typical undergrad applicants need 2-3...

is this really true?
I actually found that most of the schools I am applying to do not distinguish between undergrads and post-bacs or grad etc. and their LOR requirements are same as undergrad students for everyone.

Some say they want a letter from the graduate faculty. Some require good standing letter from the chair of the graduate department. Very few require letter from the thesis adviser (which I do not have yet).

saqrfaraj

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Status
Attending Physician

is this really true?
This is true of undergrad too. If your school has a committee that writes letters, then you only need that one.