Do Programs get to know today......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the names of the applicants who have matched to their program? if so when...what time? As far as we are concerned...1 more day....:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

so candidates who match will know where they matched tomorrow,candidates who scramble I guess they wait....:( :oops:

People who scramble know during the scramble. You sign a contract that day.

programs find out who they matched at 2pm today. I know this because a facutly member told me:)

programs find out who they matched at 2pm today. I know this because a facutly member told me:)

There is also a link in the IM forum to the NRMP site. They found out at 2PM... ARGH... The wait is killing me!

they know, wish I knew ...

It's a good thing programs find out today since the PD and faculty have to move, find houses, get jobs for their spouses and such.
:cool:

Well, one extra day isn't going to get you a house or a job for your spouse any faster. However, you will be thankfull when your program has started processing all the paperwork and getting emails out to you etc on time (since in some states it takes a few months to get everything done). Our program had an email waiting in my inbox almost the same time I found out where I was matching. It was nice to get a congrat email and phone calls from residents almost immediately.

sorry for the repeat

It's a good thing programs find out today since the PD and faculty have to move, find houses, get jobs for their spouses and such.
:cool:

come on - another day isn't going to make a difference. like UVa said, by them know ahead of you, they can have a nice email or phone call lined up for you tomorrow afternoon. it's almost over - less than 16 hours now. then something very important happens... i'm officially on the clock and get to start going through what ya'll are going through/have gone through over the past year.

Well, one extra day isn't going to get you a house or a job for your spouse any faster.
Actually, it will......one day earlier to be exact.
However, you will be thankfull when your program has started processing all the paperwork and getting emails out to you etc on time (since in some states it takes a few months to get everything done). Our program had an email waiting in my inbox almost the same time I found out where I was matching. It was nice to get a congrat email and phone calls from residents almost immediately.
Well, I guess my priorities are a little different than yours. I would trade a few more weeks lead time working on the above stated items over a congratulatory e-mail from my program. And I feel pretty confident that, since they need me to start work, they'll have the paperwork done on time.

Agree, Duckie. If you are potentially uprooting your family to move, the more time between matching and residency, the better. Also, if you have read Kimberli Cox's post (it may have been another friend), many programs don't even contact you right away.

There's something about the people who are most affected by match results (on an individual basis) being notified last out of everyone involved that really bothers me. It sort of fits with the whole process, though.

My GF has to find a new job at the city that we are going to move and she has to find a school also for her 10 year old daugther. So time matters