Do programs see or care about aways I do after interview season?

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

medstudent87

Jun 22, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I plan on doing an away rotation early on in the year at an institution where I'd absolutely love to train.

Thing is, I have a big open block in January and I was planning on just filling it with some course at my home school. Now, though, I'm wondering if it would be ok to do another away rotation at that time? Just for the fun of living somewhere else? Namely, would it be ok to do it at that same institution I did an away at over the summer? Would programs see this?

The rotation would probably be in something "easy" and unrelated to my field of interest...

About the Ads

MilkmanAl

10+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Schools don't generate their rank lists until January, so yes. I'd also suggest against doing an away in January since you'll likely have a bunch of interviews that month. You don't want to be missing a good chunk of an away rotation, whether you plan to go there/do that specialty or not.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.