Do programs see what date you applied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tachyon34

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do programs see what date you applied? or do they just see what date your application has uploaded enough pieces for them to review?

Members don't see this ad.

Follow-up question: Do programs see how many programs in total an applicant has applied to?

last question.. do they review applications on a first come first serve basis, and do they stop handing out interviews after handing out most of their interviews?

do they stop handing out interviews after handing out most of their interviews?

Lol. You should re-read this question.

Do they run out after they have run out?

I'd be interested in the answer to your question as well, reason being I haven't gotten my **** together and need another week to finish my app

I'd be interested in the answer to your question as well, reason being I haven't gotten my **** together and need another week to finish my app

You're fine. There is no way that a program would intentionally fill all of their interview slots in early September. But I've definitely found that some dates each year are more popular than others--so the longer you wait to apply, the more likely you'll end up on a waiting list for the date you really want.

I have a related question about the frequency with which programs download application data. For a bit of background...

I submitted my application some time ago, and in my immediate follow-up it appeared that everything was correct. One week after submitting, I logged back in to see how my documents were progressing. I noticed that there was no mention of my personal statement in the PostOffice. It turns out that the PS had not been assigned to any program! This is despite my assigning it to each program under the selection screens. Sure enough, under the PS tab I clicked assignments to find it empty.

Now that I have corrected this, I am not sure how neurotic to be about informing programs of the update. On paper, it looks as though I procrastinated submitting my PS. I am applying into a "competitive" specialty and can't help but worry that the completed application will not be downloaded again in the next few days. Thoughts?

The next time each program contacts the post office, all new documents including your PS will be downloaded. I would not worry about this. Calling or trying to explain will only draw attention to it, and most likely make you look neurotic. I doubt anyone will care or notice.