do prometric employees have control over score??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iDreamofDent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not prometric employees have any control over the score that you get. I'm just wondering because I felt pretty confident about one section thinking I got 2-3 wrong and got a 19 on it. Do you think there is any way for the employees to view your scores as your taking the test and maybe change it? yes it seems obvious that they shouldn't but how can we know for sure, maybe some prometric employee pissed off with their job will take there anger out on a student taking the DAT or MCAT:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that happens a lot...:rolleyes:

I was hitting on my proctor before i took it just in case... I think she developed a crush on me and hooked me up with a couple extra points.

hey I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not prometric employees have any control over the score that you get. I'm just wondering because I felt pretty confident about one section thinking I got 2-3 wrong and got a 19 on it. Do you think there is any way for the employees to view your scores as your taking the test and maybe change it? yes it seems obvious that they shouldn't but how can we know for sure, maybe some prometric employee pissed off with their job will take there anger out on a student taking the DAT or MCAT:confused:

On the science sections, 2-3 wrong + 3 stupid mistakes = 19.

I'd say there is a 105% chance no one is changing your score.

I remember thinking no way I got less than 100% as I went through one of the achiever GChem test, turned out I got a 21 and like 3 wrong due to stupid mistakes.

This is what makes the exam so "hard." It's not that the material is hard, its that you have to be absolutely perfect and mistake free to score 23+

hey thanks for your responses. Davey, are you serious I wouldve hit on my proctor so she could have hooked me up but she seemed like nothing could cheer her up so that's why I am worried. Is it really possible though? who knows maybe I just made foolish math errors and fell for the traps they set up ex. 0.1--> 0.01

Members don't see this ad :)
haha... sorry, I'm definately just kidding. except for the hitting on my proctor part lol

I highly highly doubt that the ADEA would be alright with proctors being able to alter test results. so to answer your question... no, they cannot...

unless they're a computer whiz and hacked the frame just to ruin people's future... which I also highly highly doubt.

plus... if you think you only got 2-3 wrong, you probably got 4-6 wrong.. which is easily a 19 or lower in a given section... 2-3 wrong is generally like a 24... 4 maybe a 22... 5 ~20... 6 ~19... I'm pulling these numbers out of my nowhere, but if you check out the scoring scale for the practice test on the ADAs site, you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
I'm sure the Prometric people were out to get you....LOL

I think what happened is you got fooled by the many trick answers given, providing you with a false sense of exam domination. Just be thankful the test is over; own up to it, no time to deny the results or play the blame game.

ANZ

that would be illegal...wouldnt it?

First they come and do their best and make standardized test...

Then they make it so secure that it is much easier to scape from a prison than do anything wrong in testing room...

Then they assemple the cameras that even monitors the reception areas...

Then a student comes and ask Hmmm can a proctor..like..change my score like if Like they don't like me..!!