DO/ Psychology Phd programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wishbone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to here about DO schools with DO/PSY PHD dual degree program. I know PCOM has a psy department. Is anyone there getting a DO/psy phd (or masters)? What about other at schools? If you are in the program (at any school) what are the pros and cons?

Also I would like to here from anyone who thinks their school provides a strong education in psychology (i.e how people deal with dx and health issues) as part of their regular DO training?

Members don't see this ad.

No one ever had anything to say. This would have been interesting

I would like to here about DO schools with DO/PSY PHD dual degree program. I know PCOM has a psy department. Is anyone there getting a DO/psy phd (or masters)? What about other at schools? If you are in the program (at any school) what are the pros and cons?

Also I would like to here from anyone who thinks their school provides a strong education in psychology (i.e how people deal with dx and health issues) as part of their regular DO training?

:laugh: OMG, this post was 9 years ago and there was none respone except one this year (will be 2 after mine).
Anyways, this post is really psycho since DO= 4 years+ PhD Psyc>4 (5 or 6) so DO+PhD = 10 + 3 year residency= 13 years

It's real weird thought even though good to hear.
I wonder what OP do now? Did you do DO/PhD in psych like you said?