DO radio advertisement heard today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Syncope82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was listening to 101.9fm today at 12:20pm central time.....and guess what? I hear a radio commercial telling everyone what DO's are all about..how we look at the full body, etc.

I thought it was nice and a good way to have the general public know what DO's are. They also go on to say we are fully licensed and can do Surgery just like MD's

anyone else heard this?

the commercial also says to visit www.wtmx.com and keyword DO for more info....and when doing that..it takes you to AOA website...

pretty cool IMO

Members don't see this ad.

The ad was probably bought and paid for by a pre-osteo poster, in response to an ad by a pre-allo poster saying how much DO's suck.

The ad was probably bought and paid for by a pre-osteo poster, in response to an ad by a pre-allo poster saying how much DO's suck.

Promptly following the DO advertisement was a public service announcement that DO schools have lower MCAT and average GPA admission stats (paid for by pre-Allo).

Members don't see this ad :)
Two clever posts by SDN's most clever posters.

Indeed! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The pre-DO big guns! I almost dispatched these two to the pre-allo thread a couple days ago for some pre-allo schooling but soon realized it would have been overkill. :smuggrin:

Promptly following the DO advertisement was a public service announcement that DO schools have lower MCAT and average GPA admission stats (paid for by pre-Allo).

Indeed! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The pre-DO big guns! I almost dispatched these two to the pre-allo thread a couple days ago for some pre-allo schooling but soon realized it would have been overkill. :smuggrin:

hmm...I'm not sure what you guys are talking about....

but....this seemed to be a very professional advertisement...paid for by the AOA...so it looks like the AOA is finally going to market osteopathic physicans

this commercial was no where near as bad as the Ross Caribbean medical school advertisements that were on in the chicago land area like 6 months ago

hmm...I'm not sure what you guys are talking about....

but....this seemed to be a very professional advertisement...paid for by the AOA...so it looks like the AOA is finally going to market osteopathic physicans

this commercial was no where near as bad as the Ross Caribbean medical school advertisements that were on in the chicago land area like 6 months ago

We were just joking/being sarcastic. I think advertisements that raise awareness (as long as it's not cheesy-like some Larry H Parker commercial) is great.

So, I was listening to 101.9fm today at 12:20pm central time.....and guess what? I hear a radio commercial telling everyone what DO's are all about..how we look at the full body, etc.

I thought it was nice and a good way to have the general public know what DO's are. They also go on to say we are fully licensed and can do Surgery just like MD's

anyone else heard this?

the commercial also says to visit www.wtmx.com and keyword DO for more info....and when doing that..it takes you to AOA website...

pretty cool IMO

I'm sorry, but I have to boycot the Mix since they took retro 80's off for some radio dating hour that crashed and burned. (OK, If I'm up I do listen to Eric and Kathy - but that's it).

Did you know AOA has an annual budget of $500,000 for advertising? Pretty weak, right?

Did you know AOA has an annual budget of $500,000 for advertising? Pretty weak, right?

Quit posting about budgets. Even if it is low, you know nothing about what it takes to advertise something. Your behavior is trollish, at best, and annoying.

Now it appears that there is a AOA button on that radio stations main webpage.

Quit posting about budgets. Even if it is low, you know nothing about what it takes to advertise something. Your behavior is trollish, at best, and annoying.

Agreed based on a number of posts from user.
Tool alert.

yeah ive heard it quite a few times.. its pretty nice.

Jeez, i am not a troll. I just recently read "The DO's: Osteopathic medicine In America" by Norman Gevitz, and he talks about funding, or lack thereof, in the last few chapters, which I found really surprising.

"However, the annual funding for this national advertising campaign has to date [2004] been in the range of only half a million dollars, far too little to buy large and repeated ads in the magazines they have selected and thereby make any appreciable audience impression."

Last edited: