DO school list, just got my MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thelonious Chunk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're fine for any DO school

Consider these too:

Quinnipiac

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

EVMS

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Your state school(s).

Hey everybody. Just got my MCAT score in so my stats are final and I'd like some advice on what schools to NOT apply to for DO only.

MCAT total - 505
c/p - 125
cars - 128
B/B - 124(ugh)
psych - 128

CGpa - 3.55
SGpa - 3.76
(after a lot of retakes)
GPA over last 60 credit hrs - 3.9
100+ hrs hospice, 80+ hrs shadowing, worked through school, about 300 hrs various non-clinical volunteering
So where is that 124 gonna keep me out of and I should just save my money? Thankyou!

You're fine for any DO school

Consider these too:

Quinnipiac

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

EVMS

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Your state school(s).
Huh that surprises me. I didn't think I'd be competitive for MD at all. Those GPAs are AACOMAS GPAs with retakes. I think on AMCAS they would be closer to 3.2. Thanks for the list @Goro. Wouldn't it to be too late for applying to these allopathic programs this cycle?

This is what caught my eye for my MD suggestions:
GPA over last 60 credit hrs - 3.9

It's late but maybe take a crack at 1-2, if you're willing to gamble, and especially if you have good ECs.

Huh that surprises me. I didn't think I'd be competitive for MD at all. Those GPAs are AACOMAS GPAs with retakes. I think on AMCAS they would be closer to 3.2. Thanks for the list @Goro. Wouldn't it to be too late for applying to these allopathic programs this cycle?