DO schools & AP Credit? (English/Chemistry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mavs88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have credit on my transcript from my school for English I and II and General Chemistry I from AP credits. Is this not accepted at any school for DO applications?

I have since taken Gen Chem II, Ochem I and II, and Biochemistry for a Chemistry minor.

I will have to take 2 more (sophomore level)English classes in my senior year or during the summer (during/after I apply), so that could also cover English pre-reqs.

Also, are all these required before application in case AP credits don't work? In other words, if they say my AP credits don't work....will it still be okay since I can make up for the credits in my last year before matriculation?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had AP credit for Biology 1 and 2, Chemistry 1, and Calculus I and II. As long as you have classes that can replace those for grades you should be fine. I had uppler level biology courses: genetics, microbiology, etc. And I had biochemistry for chemistry. So you should be fine.

I had AP credit for Biology 1 and 2, Chemistry 1, and Calculus I and II. As long as you have classes that can replace those for grades you should be fine. I had uppler level biology courses: genetics, microbiology, etc. And I had biochemistry for chemistry. So you should be fine.
Thanks! You think it's okay that the upper level English courses would be taken after application?

Thanks! You think it's okay that the upper level English courses would be taken after application?
As long as you list them as courses on your application with pending grade, I think it should be fine. When I started applications last cycle I was already graduated so I wasn't in that position but tons of people are so just send them updates of grades once you get them at end of semester

Reactions: 1 user