Do schools keep track of how long you take to complete your secondaries?

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Does it reflect negatively on you if you don't return a secondary within 2 weeks of them sending it? Or do they not keep track of this?

NotASerialKiller

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Medical Student
There was a thread about this last week. The answer is no. If you go to that thread you'll see marginally more informative answers than this, from more trustworthy people than me.

Reactions: kenalvann
OP
LuluLovesMe

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
Nov 5, 2014
Status
Medical Student
There was a thread about this last week. The answer is no. If you go to that thread you'll see marginally more informative answers than this, from more trustworthy people than me.
Can you link me? I tried to search for similar threads

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
For the zillionth time, NO.

Does it reflect negatively on you if you don't return a secondary within 2 weeks of them sending it? Or do they not keep track of this?

Reactions: NotASerialKiller

NotASerialKiller

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Medical Student
At my school you are not complete until all required documents have been submitted.
I doubt most places even notice the lag time between releasing secondaries and their return as long as they come in well before the deadline.
I think you're looking for reasons to worry. gyngyn said something that very mildly indicated that someone somewhere might be vaguely away of it, but also began that sentence with "relax".

Reactions: WedgeDawg

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Yes, of the most important factors in selecting future physicians from the thousands of complicated and complex applications received is the time stamp on the secondary. The Xanax dispenser in the student waiting lounge must be empty.

Reactions: mcatjelly

Doug Underhill

5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2011
The South
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
U TN HSC absolutely DOES do this. They have a 1 week limit on the secondary from the time you get the link!

I haven't heard of any other schools that do, but TN applicants should be wary of their state medical school's policies on the matter.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Link in my signature to the answer, which holds true unless the school is explicit for the time limit they give you for completing the secondary (i.e. Wake Forest, UCSF).

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
U TN HSC absolutely DOES do this. They have a 1 week limit on the secondary from the time you get the link!

I haven't heard of any other schools that do, but TN applicants should be wary of their state medical school's policies on the matter.
Dont confuse the deadline or time limit to submit it with the concept that the adcom uses the date of submission as a factor in admissions decision. If it has a due date, then it is simply due. If it doesnt have a due date, that is the question