Do schools know where you've applied or just where you've been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

derf

Ohio Land
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand schools know when you're holding multiple acceptances and can gain access to this info for waitlist movement purposes.

But can an interviewer, for instance, go to the computer/database and see where you've applied before interviewing you?

Members don't see this ad.

No, they don't know where you've applied.

derf said:
I understand schools know when you're holding multiple acceptances and can gain access to this info for waitlist movement purposes.

But can an interviewer, for instance, go to the computer/database and see where you've applied before interviewing you?

No, they don't know where you've applied. A lot of them have the annoying habit of asking where you've applied though. You can always give a vague answer and say, "All over the place" and name just a few.

Members don't see this ad :)
ADCOMS Know where you've been accepted (if you're holding onto it) after May 15th BUT do they Know:

1) Where you've been waitlisted?

2) Where you've interviewed?

3) Do MD programs and DO programs also talk...like if you're holding onto a DO acceptance?

Some schools do ask you on the secondary whese else you are applying to. But I guess you can be honest about it (or just lie, ummm... lie is such a strong word, let's just say the other version of truth) ;)

I dunno, I think that there is a possibility that schools know where you applied after May 15th. In a conversation with admissions at one school, I got the impression that they had a complete list. The person I spoke to referred to schools I had applied to (but am not accepted at) and asked if I would prefer one of them. So either she had a list, or she was making an educated guess.