//

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038378

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen some schools with a subsection minimum. Usually it’s 125 or close to that. Get that and I imagine you’re golden. Especially if you got a 520.

Fair enough, I just removed all that stuff since it was unneccessary. Was just curious though if it was worth applying if you're under the 10th percentile.
And the simple answer is, if there isn't something special about you that would warrant them bringing you in as an exception to their rule, probably not. If you think a 521 would so impress them, take a shot and see what happens. But understand that those under 10%-ile spots are usually going to URMs, low SES, etc., not ORMs who happen to suck in one subsection or another.

Put another way, a URM with a 125 and a 505 is more likely to fill that spot than an ORM with a 125 and 521, because their 520 ORMs are just more likely to have four 130s than three 132s and a 124. You suspected this when you asked the question, and you are correct! :cool:

Successful white and ORM candidates who are not low SES, 1st gen, etc. are not usually below 10%-ile in ANYTHING! Yes, someone has to be in the bottom 10%-ile, but it's not usually candidates from demos where they are rejecting thousands of candidates above their 50%-ile.