Do schools look at PCAT essay? (Dont move plz)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plowi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the writing section matter when schools are looking at the application? I think I might have gotten a low score because I went off topic. Comments please!

Members don't see this ad.

My mistake. But does anyone know if the PCAT essay REALLY counts when schools are considering me. I think my response was sloppy but more important...opinionated. It was one of those dumb propose a solution questions. I dont think it will get a score higher than a 3 since those evaluaters probably think Im pulling facts from my keister (I'm not).

Anyone know if this essay really means a lot?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my *opinion* only:

The essay portion of the PCAT is rather new. Most schools are not really sure how to view the score, or use the essay for admissions. Schools can use it as a potential writing sample, but I dont think they will ask you any questions directly related to it, because you probably wont remember anything you wrote on it.

As far as I know, the PCAT scorers are looking more for having a fully fleshed out essay with limited grammatical errors. If your actual content is brilliant or horrible doesnt really have a bearing on your score.

It's a subjective mark that carries some weight, but probably not as much as your composite and individual subject scores.