1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Do schools really get annoyed if you call?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NUgirl, Apr 22, 2002.

1. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have been on hold at a school for an interview since like Jan! So I have been calling them about 2-3 times a month (on the day they specified we can call to check our status) to find out if I got off hold or not. Do they really get annoyed by that? And how do they know how many times you call? Does it automatically go into the computer or something? I have read previous threads saying to not bug them. But doesnt it show interest and concern if you call to check up on things? What do the secrataries do, go and tell the committee that you have been calling?! It seems a little far stretched to me. Im just curious. Can someone please shed some light about calling schools to find out status? Thanks!! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. trouta

trouta Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think if you call it does show interest and that is a good thing. However, calling all the time can get annoying for the adcom (especially during the high season).

I dont see anything wrong with calling (the people you talk to are usually very helpful) but keep it to a minimum no matter how desperate and worried you may get. (1 call a month is a maximum I would think - unless you can call anonymously).