Do schools really get annoyed if you call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NUgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been on hold at a school for an interview since like Jan! So I have been calling them about 2-3 times a month (on the day they specified we can call to check our status) to find out if I got off hold or not. Do they really get annoyed by that? And how do they know how many times you call? Does it automatically go into the computer or something? I have read previous threads saying to not bug them. But doesnt it show interest and concern if you call to check up on things? What do the secrataries do, go and tell the committee that you have been calling?! It seems a little far stretched to me. Im just curious. Can someone please shed some light about calling schools to find out status? Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I think if you call it does show interest and that is a good thing. However, calling all the time can get annoying for the adcom (especially during the high season).

I dont see anything wrong with calling (the people you talk to are usually very helpful) but keep it to a minimum no matter how desperate and worried you may get. (1 call a month is a maximum I would think - unless you can call anonymously).