General Admissions & OTCAS Do schools require all planned prereqs to be on OTCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abcdeot90

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my OTCAS app has already been verified and sent out to a couple programs. I want to apply to more but some of these additional programs have prereq requirements that I don’t have yet (nothing major like anatomy/physiology, but an intro to sociology course). Should I put this intro to sociology course as a planned course for spring/summer semester on OTCAS before I submit to these programs? Or will the programs be able to automatically assume I will fulfill this requirement before the program starts?

I’m wondering if adding this to my OTCAS will affect the ones I’ve already submitted.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So my OTCAS app has already been verified and sent out to a couple programs. I want to apply to more but some of these additional programs have prereq requirements that I don’t have yet (nothing major like anatomy/physiology, but an intro to sociology course). Should I put this intro to sociology course as a planned course for spring/summer semester on OTCAS before I submit to these programs? Or will the programs be able to automatically assume I will fulfill this requirement before the program starts?

I’m wondering if adding this to my OTCAS will affect the ones I’ve already submitted.

You need to go ahead and put those prereq classes on there, that way once they are completed you will have the opportunity to do an academic update. It will not affect your applications that you have already submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to go ahead and put those prereq classes on there, that way once they are completed you will have the opportunity to do an academic update. It will not affect your applications that you have already submitted.

Thanks for the response!
So let’s say I’m offered admission to one of the programs that didn’t require those courses I planned to take, and I decide to attend. During the academic update period can I just delete that course?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response!
So let’s say I’m offered admission to one of the programs that didn’t require those courses I planned to take, and I decide to attend. During the academic update period can I just delete that course?

I’m not sure that it will let you delete it, but I haven’t tried, I think it will only let you update the grade and change it to completed because it basically locks everything if that makes sense. It will not affect your applications that you already submitted, as they have probably already reviewed and ranked your application as soon as you submitted!

Besides that, sociology was super easy. If anything it will boost your cumulative GPA!

Reactions: 1 user
Once you are accepted OTCAS isn’t used. You will update the school directly after that.

Reactions: 1 user