Do schools send invites without letters of rec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3rdMetatarsal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can receive IIs before sending in LORs at all schools except from Scholl. You do not need LORs for your app to be verified; they are supplementary credentials that you can send later.

Reactions: 1 users
I am applying this week but I don't expect to have my recs submitted for another month. It says on the application portal that verification doesn't occur until "all of your required application materials are received". However, I read a couple people on this forum got accepted contingent on sending letters of rec. So would some schools send invites before your application gets verified?

Thanks in advance

I sent in my app without any LOR and got invites to all except scholl, but had them sent before I interviewed, and as soon as I sent them scholl gave me the invite.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my app without any LOR and got invites to all except scholl, but had them sent before I interviewed, and as soon as I sent them scholl gave me the invite

How long after initally submitting your application did you wait to get an invite?